Public power utilities are:
- Locally owned, locally controlled and locally operated.
- Reliable with fewer outages than other electricity providers.
- Affordable with average monthly bills lower than the average bills of corporate utility providers.
- Focused on energy efficiency and the environment.
- Nimble so they can respond quickly to the community’s and customers’ needs.
- Reinvesting dollars into their communities.
Let us know how you are celebrating Public Power Week by tagging #FLPublicPower and #PublicPowerWeek on Facebook and Twitter.