Revenue Protection Manager - City of Lake Worth Beach
The City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Revenue Protection Manager.
This position is exempt with a salary range of $80,492-$100,615
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 13 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Medical Benefits that include Life Insurance, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
The Revenue Protection Manager is responsible for the management of the City’s electric and water utilities revenue metering activities, including management of the associated meter reading systems and workforce to ensure protection and growth of the City’s sources of utility revenues and drive improvement of customers’ experience with the City’s utilities. The Revenue Protection Manager also works to maximize the use of the City’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure to the benefit of the operations of the electric utility system. Additionally the Revenue Protection Manager is the primary point of contact for customers applying for and participating in the City’s net metering program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, directs, evaluates and trains staff to effectively and efficiently read and record water and electric meters, and to report and act on meter problems.
- Supervises, directs, evaluates and trains staff to effectively and efficiently use the AMI system to retrieve, analyze, and act on information obtained through use of the system.
- Operates and manages City’s AMI system; transfers data with and to other City departments and appropriate consultants and system vendor(s).
- Develops appropriate system performance metrics and statistics for reporting to management and City leaders as needed. Unloads/loads data from/to the system to generate periodic.
- Coordinates with customer service and billing functions to ensure reliable billing and resolution of billing disputes with customers.
- Develops and/or leads the acquisition, implementation, and management of data analytics tools for the purpose of identifying theft of service and/or opportunities for system improvements, including identification of opportunities for improvements in utility distribution system operations
- Investigates analyzes and corrects diversion incidents, to include site field locations inspections
- Coordinates with City’s Code Compliance and Building Department staff to ensure effective enforcement of City codes and ordinances
- Manages the City’s net metering program to ensure City’s and Customers’ compliance with Florida State law and City ordinances and resolutions
- Participates and coordinates investigations with law enforcement agencies, to include evidence collection and presentation of evidence in legal proceedings
- Trains personnel in technical aspects of detection of current diversion and develops and implements departmental policy and procedure related to work activities
- Responsible for metering equipment warehousing of equipment and supplies; coordination and scheduling of inventories and product deliveries. Supply equipment specific data for proper bar-coding information and inventory control, per manufacturer, to local vendors.
- Communicates and coordinates with Governmental authorities, City departments, Lake Worth Beach Utility business sections and other utilities, vendors, distributors and manufacturers, architects, contractors, electricians, owners and consumers to maintain currency of knowledge and potential issues.
- Tests and evaluates new metering products, including software, power measuring devices and communication equipment. Ensures all products, software and hardware revision issues meet industry and Lake Worth Beach Utility standards and specifications.
- Participates in and delivers presentations as needed to City Commissioners and citizen bodies on matters of relevance to revenue protection and growth.
- Consults with customers on installation and requirements for new metering and service upgrades.
- Develops, compiles and maintains computer databases and spreadsheets that record work records, schedules, equipment inventories, purchasing records, productivity and similar records.
- Coordinates the procurement of electric and water metering related equipment.
- Maintains meter data database for inventory records.
- Supports internal customers with metering support for contractor and customer related questions.
- Responsible for all metering projects including coordination with other departments, divisions and customers, verification of schematics and blueprints and acquisition of parts and materials.
- Coordinates all commercial and residential meter inspections.
- Calculates unmetered consumption for billing and coordinates with Customer Service Office
- Ensures and modifies as needed the processes for meter changes; maintains account meter information and logs serviced accounts.
- Resolves public inquiries and complaints which may involve re-reading meters.
- Performs related duties as needed or assigned, including special projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of and ability to articulate the functional capabilities of AMI systems and benefits associated with integration of these systems with electric system operations functions
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods for electric and water metering
- Knowledge of general regulatory principles governing utility revenue metering
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and principles
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations
- Skill in using computers and related software applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Ability to train others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from High School or equivalent, plus experience in utility revenue metering and revenue protection
- Experience in managing employees