Mgr, Technical Services – Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC)
OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals who can assist with achieving our vision of being recognized as the best utility in the nation. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are interested in working for a family friendly employer.
We are seeking an individual for a Regular position as a Mgr, Technical Services in the IT Technical Services Division.
Manage and support the UNIX Administration, Storage Area Network Data Storage Systems, and Database Administration for all Oracle and SQL Server database systems. Responsible for the backup and recovery technology used across the Commission for file shares, applications, and general data storage systems. Work internally with other Production and Technology departments and across boundaries with the other IT departments to design and implement successful technology strategies that will improve reliability of the IT infrastructure and reduces cost while improving efficiencies and managing multiple complex environments.
OPERATIONAL SUPPORT OVERSIGHT:
Capacity Management – Ensure technology resources are correctly sized to meet current and future business demands, cost effectively
Identify new technologies and maintenance/upgrade of existing technology, and patching;
Identify problems and determine root cause analysis and resolution;
Perform database migrations and upgrades; hardware maintenance and upgrades; performance and tuning;
Responsible for daily backup/recovery execution, testing, and upgrades; creation of operational metrics and action plans based on metric thresholds;
SUPPORT OF BUSINESS PROJECTS:
Provide technical guidance to application teams and projects relative operational infrastructure;
Review vendor specifications and adapt to our infrastructure standards, acquisition and implementation of need infrastructure components;
Provide oversight of technology personnel supporting the project teams;
Establish technology direction, manage project plans and schedules, assign resources (internal/external), coordinate interdepartmental work activities;
Provide project and technology communication across the enterprise, disaster recovery planning and testing;
Responsible for time sheet approval, employee appraisals, expense reimbursement, and invoice approval;
Prepare Commission Agenda Item documentation; purchase order generation, budget preparation and monitoring, and project documentation;
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience operating and managing complex IT infrastructure technology domains with servers, networks, storage systems, disaster recovery and business continuity planningWorking knowledge of all, but not limited to the following:
- Practices, principals, and theories;
- Technology Performance Metrics, Trend Analysis and Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Budget Preparation, Monitoring and Management;
Familiarity with all, but not limited to the following:
- Software Applications (i.e. PSERM, CC&B, AutoCAD);
- Time Sheets and Power Point Presentations;
- Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Effective communication across departments and to executive management is a key attribute required for this position;
- Work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands;
- Known for effective leadership of IT staff, excellent communicator and have a passion for client satisfaction;
- Understand and apply governmental accounting practices in maintenance of financial records;
- Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and standard office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier, etc.).
Rate of Pay: IT16E Salary $105,487.00 - 138,452.00