Manager Utility Analytics - JEA
- Provides analytical expertise to the Utility Analytics Team and to the overall organization under guidance from Director Customer & Utility Analytics.
- Develops, implements and monitors short and long-term strategies, and annual business plans to achieve organizational mission, goals and performance measures.
- Participates in Corporate and Business Unit Strategic Planning, business process improvement plans, and special projects.
- Develops, ensures and administers an advanced analytics Quality Assurance Quality Control program.Supports departmental goals for responsible staffing and vendor contracts to manage day-to-day operations and resources.
- Plans, organizes, trains, coaches, directs and evaluates the performance of assigned staff, establishing performance requirements and personal development targets, monitoring performance and providing coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Participates in the development of team goals and objectives; develops tactical plans to achieve success and manages the tracking of progress and execution.
- Develops, manages, and administers budgets for assigned area.
- Stays current on related local, state and federal regulations, as well as industry trends and activities.
- Supports departmental emergency operations during storm or other crises events.
- Represents JEA in related industry groups to ensure the continuing awareness of industry changes and best practices with the objective of operating in the top quartile on utility performance measures.
- Complies with Public Records Requests.
- Creates a positive working environment as measured by employee work environment surveys.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy for the Utility Analytics Team from problem statement through actionable results as needs dictate.
- Collaborates across departments and business units to improve data completeness, quality and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains a statistically valid Load Research sample.
- Serves as Business Liaison with external vendors to define, support and maintain Utility Analytics projects.
- Identifies and implements appropriate analytic approaches/methodologies for all utility analytics efforts.
- Manages customer data collected through primary research to include the storage, cleaning, protection and use consistent with applicable policies and laws.
- Supports Finance team with Cost of Service studies, sales forecasts, consumption trends, rate design analysis and other Load Research related activities.
- Supports market segmentation analysis and collaborates with Customer Analytics to produce related outputs.
- Develops and evaluates RFPs as needed to secure external resources.
- Deploys Big Data analytic techniques when appropriate to process large data sets captured through various enterprise business systems; techniques include data mining, machine learning, logistic regressions, classification and regression trees, anomaly detection methods, etc.
- Develops and delivers ongoing reports looking for opportunities to automate when possible.
- Develops and runs Business Intelligence data queries and ensures accuracy and consistency.
- Identifies and maintains service level agreements to meet or exceed customer needs and operational metrics.
- Identifies technical gaps of utility analytics team and provides coaching and professional development opportunities to remediate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics or an applied quantitative field from an accredited college/university; Masters preferred.
Experience: Three years of management and industry experience in Smart Grid technology, Data Science, Applied Operations Research, Engineering, Statistical Model development, Load Research, and/or Programming.
License/certifications/registrations: A valid drivers license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment.