Manager of Member Services and Programs – FMEA
OFFICIAL TITLE: Manager of Member Services and Programs
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Responsible for the operations, management and implementation of the association’s educational programs and member services. Includes frequent interaction and communications with all levels of employees of FMEA member utilities. Serves as Conference Manager for Florida Lineman Competition, Energy Connections Conference, Hurricane Preparedness Forum, and various other roundtables, workshops and seminars. Facilitates the sharing of information on energy services and other programs with members.
Manages and coordinates associate member services and activities including recruiting new associate members and conference sponsors, building and retaining relationships with current associate members and sponsors, bridging connections between members and associate members, and identifying opportunities for associate members to engage with the association and member utilities.
- Identifies, coordinates and implements educational programs and services with FMEA member utilities.
- Coordinates, manages and facilitates all aspects of various conferences, committee meetings, roundtables and workshops. Develop training calendar, identify topics and instructors, negotiate and secure training facilities and venues, coordinate logistics, develop agenda, evaluate courses and facilitate programs.
- Oversees the development of educational program materials, including promotional materials for website and social media.
- Become knowledgeable on and facilitate the sharing of information on programs and services offered from our national association and other industry groups with members, including energy services, electric vehicles, energy storage, renewable energy, safety, and cyber security.
- Manages members’ requests for information with other members and associate members, which include surveys, benchmarking data and other information.
- Seeks and cultivates relationships with employees at utility members to encourage their involvement and participation in FMEA and develop and implement a proactive membership strategy to retain involvement.
- Communicates membership benefits, programs and services to members and prospects resulting in increased recruitment and retention. Generates regular membership reports for distribution to Executive Director and staff.
- Develop and deliver industry related presentations and in-house training programs and short courses as requested.
- Serves as primary liaison and contact with associate members, vendors and sponsors. Cultivate and foster relationships with new and existing associate members to increase sponsorship, involvement with association and facilitate connections with utility members.
- In conjunction with Executive Director, develops and implements FMEA sponsorship recruitment and retention plan to achieve revenue goals.
- Work closely with other FMEA staff to identify content for association publications and activities.
- Assists Executive Director with mutual aid coordination and other hurricane related activities.
- Manages special projects as needed.
- Travel required. Mostly in-state. Approximately 25% of time.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience. Minimum five years’ experience and demonstrated expertise in the area of association member services or training, energy services, conference planning, utility operations, or customer services. Knowledge of or experience in the electric utility industry beneficial. Valid Florida driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Proficient use of computers – Windows/PC and Microsoft Office Suite
- Acceptable eyesight and hearing (with or without correction).
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to sit at a desk and view display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use own vehicle for majority of travel (mileage reimbursed at IRS rate).
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with disability.)
FMEA is the statewide trade association for Florida’s 33 public power communities.
FMEA offers a benefits package which includes health insurance and deferred compensation contribution plan.
Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use subject line "Manager of Member Services and Programs" to avoid Spam filters.