Customer Service Supervisor - Utilities – City of Lake Worth Beach
The City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Customer Service Supervisor.
This position is part of the Professional Manager & Supervisor Association (PMSA union and is based on a 40-hour workweek with an hourly pay of $22.70. This position will work at Utilities Building located at 414 Lake Avenue North, Lake Worth, FL 33460.
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 13 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Beach Medical Benefits that include Life Insurance, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
- This is a supervisory position providing leadership and support to a team of customer service representatives and staff in the Customer Service Division.
- Duties involve handling upset customer and customer complaints as well as coaching and developing Customer Service employees in a wide variety of customer contact, account research, and clerical functions.
- The position is accountable for the implementation of the organization’s strategic and operational plans to achieve success within the key result areas along with quality control and spot checking of work.
- As well, the position provides coordination with internal and external service providers in the delivery of services to customers.
- Duties include developing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating employee training programs and instructional materials, conducting training classes, assigning work to others, explanation and review of current department policies and procedures and statistical reporting of work group performance.
- A high degree of communication and interpersonal skill is required in dealing with customers and employees.
- Work is performed under limited supervision, and is reviewed for performance.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains, reviews, and modifies current department policies and procedures.
- Handles all first level frontline escalations and complaints from irate customers. Develops and maintains reports of section performance indicators.
- Coaches direct reports in job performance, judgment, customer care, and reviews errors for improved performance.
- Responds to and initiates written customer correspondence regarding payments, adjustments, inspections, and complaints, with respect to utility services or other City of Lake Worth concerns.
- Provides expertise in dealing with complex customer situations, through the implementation and maintenance of an effective program of customer and public relations.
- Develops, implements, maintains and evaluates employee training programs and instructional materials.
- Plans, schedules and conducts training classes.
- Conducts evaluations to determine employee progress and effectiveness of training programs.
- Collaborates with the foreman to plan, assign, and direct the work of field personnel.
- Performs other duties within the Customer Service Division as may be assigned.
- Oversee the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of employee training.
- Prepares, monitors and recommends operational objectives; compiles and submits various training reports, records and logs.
- Works with other employees, including department directors and division managers.
- Must be able to work extended hours as necessary, to provide operational effectiveness.
- Outgoing personality with exceptional Customer Service skills along with knowledge of utility customer service principles and functions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to plan, review, delegate, and schedule workload of direct reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of a large staff of clerical and service personnel.
- Knowledge of research and analysis principles and functions.
- Skill working with a large, on-line Utility Information Management System.
- Skill in the use of personal computers with minimum supervision.
- Ability to utilize excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and employees.
- Ability to understand complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with sensitivity to the needs of others in all aspects of written and oral communication.
- Ability to adjust quickly to rapidly changing priorities and multiple demands effectively.
- Ability/willingness to perform work safely and to report unsafe practices/situations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ability/willingness to perform work to support the vision, mission, values and goals of the department.
- Ability/willingness to create and support a safe work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of two (2) year college degree and two (2) years of experience in customer service with demonstrated supervisory experience required, or High school diploma or its equivalent (GED) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the area of customer service with demonstrated supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
- In English language, ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid State of Florida driver's license.