Corporate Strategy Analyst – Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC)
TO APPLY VISIT: The OUC Carreer Website
Corporate Strategy Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals who can assist with achieving our vision of being recognized as the best utility in the nation. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are interested in working for a family friendly employer.
We are seeking an individual for a Regular position as a Corporate Strategy Analyst in the Strategic Planning and Process Improvement Department of the Sustainability, Strategy and Emerging Technology Division.
Responsible for providing analytical and strategic thinking to project and leadership teams by researching strategic environments, reporting trends, developing planning scenarios and delivering strategic insights. This position works directly with senior management to gather competitive intelligence, conduct market trend analysis and deliver insights to support execution of OUC’s long-term business strategy.
Develop analytical frameworks and approaches to analyze complex strategy issues and evaluate the impact of trends;
Research and analyze competitive, economic, technological, regulatory, market and political environments related to corporate signposts;
Perform ad hoc detailed financial and strategic analysis of markets, industry, competitors and customers;
Perform market sizing analyses;
Synthesize expert interviews and desk research into compelling recommendations;
Based on findings, provide insights and recommendations which will allow the company to confirm, refine, or pivot strategy;
Support strategy communication by delivering insights through visual and comprehensible reports;
Support development and prioritization of revenue growth and cost reduction strategies;
Develop scenarios for planning; support scenario planning for the corporate strategy, integrated resource planning, and other key initiatives as assigned;
Develop and deliver executive presentations as assigned;
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Strategy, Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with a strategy/management consulting firm or internal strategy group of related companies OR
· Minimum of nine (9) years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics in support of strategic planning
· Business intelligence or analytics certifications are a plus (i.e., Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), or other recognized certification or relevant university certificate program)
· Deep interest in and understanding of trends and competitive challenges facing the industry, and the company in particular; strong business acumen;
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize, anticipate challenges and plan accordingly in an ever-changing environment;
· Ability to break down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, assumptions, and judgment;
· Demonstrated ability to break down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, assumptions, and judgment;
· Demonstrated affinity for business reporting, analysis, forecasting, and working with uncertainty;
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
· Adept at leading teams and facilitating meetings;
· Ability to create financial models, strategic frameworks and PowerPoint presentations at a level on par with leading management consulting firms;
· Advance Excel skills including Pivot Tables, modeling, developing complex spreadsheets, algorithms, analysis tools, and displaying quantitative analysis;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances and laws;
· Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios, and percentages;
· Use advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc) and standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier etc)
Rate of Pay: SP13E Salary $88,272.00 - 115,858.00
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, retirement benefits including a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.