Consulting Engineer - JEA
This role is utilized within JEA for multiple functional areas and disciplines. The Consulting Engineer performs engineering work related to complex, high-impact and high-visibility initiatives and projects. Serves as the technical expert to JEA's leadership team with global responsibility for engineering projects. Fundamental responsibility of the Consulting Engineer is to deliver strategic direction and sound judgment on JEA engineering projects and matters. Provides engineering leadership, technical review, cost benefit analysis, budget and cost control, and consultation regarding all engineering, technical planning, cost estimating, operations, maintenance and construction functions to ensure delivery of quality service.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and expert judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems and objectives.
- Develops and oversees JEA's strategy to address internal and external business and regulatory issues.
- Performs as a technical advisor to JEA's leadership team.
- Ensures JEA's engineering capabilities are aligned with JEA's objectives and that appropriate engineering talent, resources and equipment are available to achieve desired outcomes and future long-term needs and goals.
- Provides technical and strategic review and consultation to management related to multiple engineering disciplines.
- Determines technical soundness and business feasibility of proposed engineering solutions, and conceptualizes alternative designs.
- Responsible for complex, high-impact and high-visibility engineering studies and projects.\
- Develops and leads department project proposals, capital budgets, annual capital plans, and five-year strategic plans.
- Develops and executes testing plans to include field analysis, inspections and performance tests.
- Manages large, capital projects that require directing multiple project teams.
- Directs and reviews the work of other engineers, technicians, operators, etc. to include training and mentoring.
- Exercises diplomacy and tact, as a liaison between JEA's departments and external stakeholders, to resolve complex issues.
- Develops framework and policy for JEA's engineering employees to grow and advance in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ensures JEA retains and develops its engineering talent. Provides leadership regarding quality assurance, quality control, cost reduction, safety and engineering standards related to multiple engineering disciplines.
- May serve as a technical expert during litigation, regulatory cases, contract disputes and purchasing dispute resolutions, as well as safety or other incident investigations.
- Gathers engineering information by traveling independently to various locations (substations, electrical plants, etc.) as necessary.
- Facilitates and manages third-party negotiations to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in engineering. Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of 12 years of progressive engineering experience preferably in a utility environment; 5 years to include project/lead engineer capacity.
License/certifications/registrations: Valid Florida Driver's License. Validation of Professional Engineer (PE) license issued by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers. If candidate is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in another state, candidate must apply for reciprocity to the Florida Board within six months of hire and receive a PE certificate from the Florida Board.
This position requires that employees be in compliance with JEA procedure ES A0200 A0101 RS 628 Screening Personnel Risk Assessments (pre-hire for FACTA designations; pre-hire and recurring for CIP designations).
To view complete description and to apply visit here.