Accountant II, Financial Accounting - City of Gainesville
The City of Gainesville currently has an opening for a qualified Accountant II in our Budget and Finance Department to join our team to perform advanced and specialized professional accounting work.
A typical work day may include:
- Preparation and analysis of fund-level financial statements including problem identification and resolution and prepare and enter associated journal entries
- Fuel tax return including assembling relevant information, balance and submit the return, prepare and enter associated journal entries
- Bank reconciliations including assembling relevant information, analysis of information, gain an understanding of transactions flowing through the accounts, problem identification and resolution, and prepare and enter associated journal entries
- Cost allocations including determining appropriate allocations, preparing and entering associated journal entries
- Payroll disbursements including assembling and balancing information, preparing wire transfers, uploading files and preparing and entering associated journal entries
To view complete description and to apply visit here.